Operational Excellence Engineer
Location : Banbury
HelloFresh is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about home cooking. Forget the hassle of supermarkets, or the tiresome process of planning your weekly meals – we deliver to your door all the ingredients, instructions and inspiration needed to make delicious meals at home, from scratch.
At just 9 years in, we’re the industry leader and have delivered hundreds of millions of meals to millions of households worldwide and are passionate about disrupting one of the last industries to go online – food and grocery.
But most importantly, it’s our incredible people who make HelloFresh what it is. We thrive on giving our employees an inclusive working environment, in which they have access to development opportunities and in which their voices are heard and valued every day. This helps us best reflect and serve our customers.
So, if you’re keen to join a growing, caring company which puts its people at the heart of what it does, look no further!
About the job
As HelloFresh continues to grow, so does our need for new processes within the Operation,
as well as refining and improving our current processes. These are the main responsibilities
of the Operational Excellence Team and ultimately will be what you will be expected to help
deliver from day one in your new role. You will also have plenty of opportunities to present to
varying levels of seniority as well as work closely with a large range of the other teams both
locally and internationally within the HelloFresh family.
What you will be doing:
As part of our global production team, you will be in charge of
● Local responsibility for some of our operational systems’ process design and
● Continuous improvement of efficiency KPIs in HelloFresh production sites
● Continuous improvement of our error rates by designing, implementing and
measuring error reduction initiatives
● Implementation of lean methods to increase efficiency, throughput and operational
● Definition of standard operating procedures (SOP)
● Supporting the local site management in problem solving and continuous
● Local responsibility for global efficiency method introduction and roll-out
Who you are:
● Previous experience in production optimization activities
● Preferably Lean green or black belt certification
● Excellent analytic skills and hands on approach
What you will get in return:
- 70% discount on our HelloFresh’s boxes!
- A generous pension scheme contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme & Headspace subscription to support your mental health
- Private Health Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Group Life Insurance
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- A premium Borrow My Doggy account (for all your cute puppy needs!)
- Personal learning budget for your professional growth
- Lots of virtual workshops, talks and events for you to enjoy!
Level and progression:
A Lead brings specialist skills to one business area, running complex operational tasks and
leading smaller projects independently, with only punctual support from manager.
From there, you can progress to a Manager level within the same function, or progress
sideways to a role in another team at HelloFresh for which you have transferable skills.
Start date: ASAP
Location: Multisite – The Granary, Banbury and The Beehive, Nuneaton
Recruitment process: First, you will have a phone interview with a member of our Talent
Acquisition team. If you are successful, you will be asked to work on a technical test at
home. Depending on the results, you will then be invited to an interview: a competency
interview and a final interview with the head of the department.
We are convinced that diversity is what makes our teams stronger: whatever identity or background might be, you will have something invaluable to offer to this company. We want to know what it is! Please apply.
Please note that all our sites in the UK are wheelchair accessible.