Location : GB-Bristol-Bristol - Pavilions
We give you a world of potential
We are looking for an ambitious and driven qualified accounting professional to join our regional Financial Control team.
The Financial Control team are part of Computershare’s Finance function, who are responsible for providing transactional accounting services; treasury, financial planning, analysis, reporting and commercial finance support to all business units and functions throughout Computershare, across all global locations.
We are going through a period of transformation within the Finance function at Computershare and so it is a hugely exciting time to join. You’ll need to have the desire and potential to grow with us as a company as we go through major changes to our processes, systems and the way we work as a global company and team!
Whilst we offer flexible and remote working, there will be a requirement to join our team based out of the Bristol office on a regular basis and we are happy to discuss your requirements.
A role you will love
As Finance Manager you will manage a team of onshore financial accountants and offshore assistant accountants and will be responsible for legal entity accounting for agreed entities and accounting processes within the UCIA region. This includes management of month end close reporting to the group, cash management, statutory accounts preparation, liaison with auditors, coordination of board reporting and regulatory reporting.
Other key accountabilities:
- Lead the month end close process; including delivery of manual accounting processes, balance sheet reconciliations and intercompany confirmations to agreed month end timetable and group playbook requirements.
- Lead the preparation of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet commentary at legal entity level, agreed including board reporting; ensuring key drivers are understood.
- Manage the preparation of annual statutory accounts to agreed external reporting deadlines; including account preparation, review and liaison with external auditors on audit deliverables and queries.
- Delivery of monthly cash flow forecasts and preparation of documentation for bi-annual dividend flows or loan requirements/payments.
- Preparation and review of financial regulatory returns to agreed reporting deadlines.
- Preparation of monthly financial Board reports.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of offshore transaction processing
- Contribute to a range of projects as a financial controls and technical accounting SME & drive continuous improvement
- Understand and own financial risks, associated controls and control effectiveness within scope of work using the ACE risk management system.
- Lead, motivate, coach and develop the team in delivery of the teams objectives and career development plans
What are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant with post qualification practical experience
- Strong technical accounting and finance knowledge – accounting standards and applicable regulations
- Experience of managing a small team
- Demonstrable knowledge of corporate business context
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced at prioritizing workload and delivering to deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of applicable regulation
- Expeirence of project management methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
A Company to Be Proud Of
Computershare is a world leader in financial administration with over 12,000 employees across 21 different countries. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere.
Rewards you will love
Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
Compensation. To be discussed.
We’ve kept our business running during the pandemic by moving most of our employees to remote working, and by creating and maintaining a safe environment for those people who need to be in the office. We carefully limit the amount of people at our locations and ensure that those who cannot work remotely are kept safe with proper distancing and protective equipment.
We’re currently performing all interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
The more we value and draw upon different perspectives, the better equipped we’ll be to solve the challenges of a constantly evolving business environment, and to fulfil the expectations of our customers around the world.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us at TalentAcquisition@computershare.com detailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.