Legal PA – Litigation & Investigations (12 month FTC)
Location : London - Bishops Square
We are currently recruiting for a Legal PA role to join our Litigation & Investigations team within the Litigation Department. This role will support a Partner and team of Fee Earners working within a friendly PA team. This role requires an experienced, highly organised, proactive and client focused Legal PA. Closing date for applications will be 20 May 2022.
To provide fee earners with effective high-quality PA support that appropriately meets their requirements, by identifying where value can be added, enabling them to focus on providing legal services and client development. In particular, deal/matter support; effective diary management; all matters with regard to finance; travel arrangements; communication control; and preparation of correspondence.
Role and responsibilities
Legal PA Tasks
- Proactive diary management and organisation of the day-to-day schedule of fee earners, to include the identification and resolution of potential issues
- Coordination of meetings, to include the consideration of and responsibility for making all necessary arrangements are in place with a focus on hybrid working ensuring relevant technical meeting set up and links shared for all attending
- Support fee earners with efficient mailbox management, agreeing appropriate level of responsibility.
- Planning and coordination of comprehensive travel programmes, to include booking flights, hotels, car transfers, and preparation of itineraries etc
- Respond to telephone calls in a professional and confident manner, appropriately manage call responses and messages
- Prepare correspondence, presentations, reports and manage utilisation of central support services for legal documentation
- Take responsibility to keep up to date with required skills on the latest technology and communication systems and identify and promote the most efficient way of working
- Act as first point of contact for team supporting technical issues and challenges particularly in line with the roll out of new systems and processes
- Maintain up to date knowledge and ensure compliance of the firms policies and required standards, including awareness of risk and all elements of client security
- Effectively manage hybrid working maintaining a high level of communication with team members at all times and deliver a proactive high level support regardless of individuals daily desk location
- In addition to the above and due to the evolving nature of the role there may be additional projects or tasks dependent upon individual role and any specific team requirements.
End to end Deal/Matter Support
- Coordinate and take responsibility for the matter inception process
- Proactive preparation and completion of appropriate engagement letters and terms
- Regular engagement with matter manager and team to identify and support efficiencies throughout the lifecycle of a matter
- Manage all aspects of matter administration and provide guidance regarding protocols
- Facilitates and educates about process for submission of expense claims for fee earners
- Understand and promote the importance of Fee Earner daily time recording and ensure best practice is followed
- Play a pivotal role in the revenue cycle alongside the Partner, Matter Manager, Working Capital Controller and Credit Control team to deliver accurate and timely billing support.
- Organise and facilitate regular Working Capital meetings and follow up on actions
- Edit time narratives within 3E complying with all specific client requirements
- Use 3E to view time on matters; provide and review billing guides and coordinate invoice processing
- Work alongside BD to support with client pitches,
- Coordinate/organise client events (virtual or in-person)
- Manage client contact information, maintain/update EPiC experience records and events calendar; liaise with fee earners and Business Development to ensure all information is collated
- Monitor and manage contact with key clients for team and identify and build relationships with own counterparts
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a positive and flexible attitude and approach to all tasks and situations
- Adopt a proactive and solutions focused approach
- Maintain tact and diplomacy, trust and confidentiality
- Exhibit professional communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrate a high level of organisation and prioritisation skills
- Apply a high level of attention to detail for all tasks understanding the importance of accuracy
- Take responsibility in team-building and contribute to a supportive and collaborative environment
- Have a professional and flexible approach to ensure effective hybrid working
- Lead in building successful relationships and identify individual requirements and preferences
- Have an enthusiastic and open approach to change, adapt to and embrace evolving requirements
- Demonstrate both a forward thinking approach to technology and a high level of technical skill
- Ensure familiarity and compliance with A&O standard operating procedures
- Show curiosity to learn new skills and knowledge
- Participate and contribute to the firm’s innovation strategy
Allen & Overy LLP is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.