Production Support Technician
Location : Nuneaton
About the job:
The Production Support Technician will be responsible for ensuring complete uptime of all tech across the site. Working closely alongside maintenance and IT. Whilst working alongside these other departments you gain transferable experience and skills which are related to the Production Support Technician role.
The Production Support Technician will be responsible for fixing, maintaining and improving equipment on site to make sure everything is operating as it should during our 24/7 function. You will be working with production equipment such as Honeywell printers and scanners in both a physical aspect and a configuration aspect.
The Technician will be responsible for completing reactive and preventative works across the site on our production related equipment. Will be responsible for reporting defects to contractors, assisting contractors, keeping up to date on defect tickets raised on our CMMS system and following the site.
Health & Safety rules, what you’ll do:
- Complete planned preventative maintenance (PPM) on equipment
- Record completed PPMs within the maintenance manual and CMMS system
- Identify any defects that arise whilst completing the PPMs and undertake rectifications,
- including recording of actions taken within the maintenance manual and CMMS system
- Implement rapid reactions to breakdowns across the site
- Continually provide reactive support, to a high standard and within given timescale
- Supervise contractors ensuring works are completed in accordance with specification
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements of the site at all times
- Work proactively to manage task volumes
- Identify problems with plant including efficiency and determine rectification measures
- Support with operational projects on an adhoc basis
- Be responsible for equipment including conveying systems with label applicators scanners,
- thermoforming equipment, in-line printers and other electrical equipment, and waste
- Observe and react to on-site BMS system such as meter readings and any set point changes
- Ensure COVID dividers are maintained and repaired/replaced when and where required
- including movement of any dividers as instructed
- Provide regular feedback to Production Support Lead on defects, outstanding issues and
- PPM on a regular basis
- Flag low stock levels to ensure inventory stays within min-max levels using our CMMS
- Ensure the team is regularly checking and replacing any pick to light buttons for production.
- Maintain the Assembly lines and Kitting lines infrastructure, predominantly from an IT and
- software perspective.
Who you are:
- Previous experience working within a maintenance or IT team in the manufacturing sector
- You will have the ability to work alone and work methodically to fault find
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and think independently
- Previous experience using a CMMS system
- Desirable; Knowledge of PLCs, conveyors, sensors, pneumatics, and belts
- Desirable: Completed an apprenticeship or equivalent in electrical/mechanical discipline.
- 18th edition wiring regulations
- Desirable: Have a basic understanding of networking and switching.
What you’ll get in return:
- 70% discount on HelloFresh subscription
- Heavily discounted weekly on site market
- 33 days holiday
- Gym membership or Private health insurance
- Access to our employee assistance programme
- Access to our many employee perks including; weekly breakfast, celebrations and on and off
- site social activities
- Access to our on site facilities including table tennis and pool table and free hot drinks
- High level of responsibility from day one
- Working with a fun, energetic and supportive team
- Opportunity to gain maintenance related qualifications